Week 6 Update

Well I haven't blogged my update each week like I said I would. Sorry about that. Have alot going on. We have just finished week 6 since I started posting updates. I've made little notes on my ipad or mental notes as the weeks have gone on of what I am doing/how I am tracking, just haven't managed to get it updated into blog friendly format. For the most part though, it has been business as usual unfortunately.

It's like groundhog week:
  • I get worse as it gets later in the week
  • A few lunches in the park with sushi & chips & chocolate and whatever else
  • Thursday night - KFC binge night

Every - single - damn - week...


What has it been? Like 5 weeks or something?

 

Anyway, something changed this week. I don't know if these two things are connected but this is what happened:

1. I opened up to my partner in quite a confronting way.


There were lots of tears, but I basically told him I have a problem and him constantly in my face about calories and being healthy was not helping. I told him if he really really wanted to help me he should google it. Or more like I told him he should have by now if he really cared (emotions talking, I know). I sent him a couple of sites as well. To bring up calories and restrictive eating with people who have eating problems does not help. It does not work. It is the exact opposite of what we need. I urge you to take a look at these sites if someone close to you has struggles with their eating. There are some really great tips here:

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/eating_disorder_self_help.htm

http://bingeeatingtherapy.com/2014/04/02/help-girlfriend-bulimic/

2. Other than KFC Thursday did not buy a single take away meal or packet of chips all week.


I don't know if that is because I told my partner. My partner suggested to think of the money I was spending when I was consuming all this food. Money that could be going towards experiencing London and Europe. He made a very fair point. I don't want to waste money that could be used for that. I packed my lunch every day and I ate it every day. This is not usually the case. I usually buy my lunch out and go sit in the park and down it in an attempt to escape work. Instead I would heat up my lunch at work, grab a fork, and carry it down the road and eat it in the park near work. Oh my goodness it was so relaxing. And exhilarating. To follow through and reject "mini binges".

Going forward:


  • I'm going to work at maintaining this no take away lunches thing. It cuts down on so much food consumption.
  • I've still got to work on no KFC Thursday. It gets me every week. I will get there. It is all to do with my mind. I can see myself gradually improving each week. Last week I walked past KFC, went up the road and sat down contemplating it. And I decided to go back and get it. Usually I just walk mindlessly in, no questions asked. I know this is one step closer to mindful eating and catching my binges before they happen. I can't be upset with this progress.
  • Finally, over the past couple of weeks my exercise has really been suffering. I stay late at work trying to keep up with everyone's demands instead of focussing on delegation and staff management. I put my personal health & fitness commitments aside. Well enough is enough. I don't want back problems anymore. I've worked too hard to build strength to get rid of them. And at the end of the day I am a contractor in this role. Why do I care so much? I've set a daily alarm in my phone every weekday at 6:25 called "leave work and go to gym NOW". The next step is abiding by it. Work will be there tomorrow and no one is going to die if I don't calculate something.

Hope everyone is having a lovely week. I know I do when I see progress. Just hope others are enjoying their time as well.

Catch you next post :).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game