The Week Before "It Starts"



Last week was an incredible week. I know I had said in a previous post that I'd quit my job. I had. However this amazing opportunity presented itself. I decided to have a bit of a "career advice" type catch up with the new COO in our company. She's new to the company but I already felt drawn to her and her work style. I don't report to her but I had some observed a massive change in the people who did work for her, and for the better. She gave me some invaluable tips. She also nudged me to propose to my boss a pitch a new role I could do that would benefit the business. Underneath the pitch itself would be a job I wanted. Essentially you're convincing the company to give you the job you want by telling it how it would benefit them. Now this is not in a "use & abuse"/"rort the system" type way. This is a win - win proposal.

So I took her advice - I did it, and I got the job. A new contract role created just for me. Incredible. I can't wait to work with her more and learn as much as I can from her. She's a very empowering woman.

So last week, I took the week off. This was in between the two roles - to create a clean break. And I also needed a break myself.

My intention for the week off was to site-see the crap out of London! I never get to do this as I'm so busy travelling Europe (I know, first-world problems!), so what better time to spend an impromptu week off exploring your city. Unfortunately a couple of days into my leave I got quite unwell.
 Always seems to happen when you've been busy like crazy, then you slow down. Your body catches up and falls ill. Never mind. I need to train myself to look at the positive side to situations. And the positive side is that I got the rest my body needed away from life stresses, and when I was feeling up to it I got to see & do some fantastic things.






I went to the theatre to see The Lion King. What a spectacle! Incredible costumes and props. I loved it.

I spent a day exploring Kensington Palace & wandering through Hyde Park. It was wonderful weather the day I did this. I got to check out the "Fashion Rules" exhibition at Kensington Palace which had a few of Diana's dresses.





And I stumbled across an amazing view of a Prince Albert monument and view of the Royal Albert Hall. Beautiful pieces of London.




I went shopping and knocked off a couple of "been meaning to buy" from my to-do list. You would be proud if you read my why do I suck at life post. I'm slowly knocking items off the list people.

I went to Amsterdam with my partner and visited the incredible Kuekenhof (massive flower garden open for 2 months of the year only). This place was beautiful. Coming from north a Australia you appreciate delicate flowers so much.  They just aren't an everyday occurrence there.




Other than that I spent some much needed time at home - chilling out, watching some movies, and working on my pre-season tasks.

Yes that's right, you heard me. I worked on my pre-season tasks. This is my 11th round of 12wbt. I've had approx 2.5 successful rounds. These successful rounds were early on in my 12wbt days. I just keep signing up and not applying myself as I have done in the past. On these early rounds I did pre-season tasks well. I devoted myself entirely to the cause. See the correlation? How much effort and energy you put into these tasks has a direct influence on how well you do in the round.

So my week off from work could not have been timed better. It was the week before the round started so I put my all into those tasks. I have set myself up for success. I've set my goals, I've organised my diary with gym appointments and other commitments, I've refreshed myself on food knowledge, and I've set my starting weight, measurements and fitness ability. I'm ready to go. I'm really excited about my goals and milestone challenges I've set for myself. I'm going to talk about them in another post as I think this one has hit it's limit.

On that note, speak soon.




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Source:

  1. http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2014/04/28/15-things-you-thought-while-you-watched-the-lion-king/
  2. http://www.amazon.com/Always-Look-Bright-Side-Life/dp/B003PH19MI
  3. Writer's own
  4. http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/fashion/celebrity-fashion/2013/07/princess-diana-best-dresses-fashion-style
  5. All remaining images are writer's own

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

I Did It!! My First 1,000 Calories