The first blog

So.....who, what, when, where, why, how?

Let me set the picture.  About two months ago, I started a new job, coming out of a job where I was stressed, exhausted (physically and emotionally), and had basically let myself go over the entire time I was there. Over three and a half years I put on twenty kilos. I became addicted to take out. I became lazy at all aspects of my life, except whinging about my job. That I had plenty of energy to keep doing. 24/7! But finally, after so much time job hunting, I found that new job, and I was given a fresh start. I am no longer working excessive hours, and I finally have the emotional strength to put myself first and to focus on my personal development. Now after putting on those twenty kilos, I had the urge to work on myself. To improve myself and work on my own needs. Now I thought the first step to my personal development journey was obvious - my health! And to narrow it down even further, shredding those twenty kilos.

Now I've tried quite a few "diets" and weight-loss attempts in my time, but have never succeeded for a long period of time. Then I heard of this Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12WBT) over facebook. Over the past 8 months, I have watched one of my sister's friends lose over fifty kilos, quite openly posting her exercise efforts, her progression photos, and most importantly, how she has gotten there - 12WBT. As a big fan of Michelle from Australia's Biggest Loser, and after so many failed attempts with minimal results, I just had to give this one a go. If someone can lose fifty kilos, surely I can get in there and lose twenty in no time? I bloody hope so!

Committing:

But why blog about it? I know. That is exactly what I am thinking. I'm not exactly sure why I think it is a good idea to blog about it. But on my explorations so far of the site and all of the forums on 12WBT and reading all of the "return members" posts on advice and successes of their own, the people who do the best on this 12wbt journey seem to be those who face up. Who tackle every challenge and task Mish gives them. Who are accountable - through their blogs and/or video diaries. One blog that took my interest in particular was called "The Courage to Start". The blog is written by a return member (someone who has gone through a previous round of 12 weeks, who is back for some more). She posted one particular blog about top 10 tips for new members. One tip, being to blog or write a journal or do something to record your journey from the very beginning of these 12 weeks. Or you'll regret it! So I started writing my own personal diary. That's lasted well over the past week. But each time I wrote, my hand hurt. Haha. I'm gen Y, it happens. And then Mish released a pre-season task called "Say it Out Loud", which was basically about screaming out to every loved one and on every forum possible what you are doing, and making the commitment of what you are going to achieve to all of the listeners. I really really struggled with this task. I was very afraid to tell anyone, but eventually have come around, to a complete 180, and now am posting out in public, in the open about my journey. So now, I am the one who is accountable, and my poor leftie hand can have a rest from that old-fashioned activity called writing :).

So welcome any readers out there (hopefully I find one or two). Here is my journey.........

Comments

  1. I just came across your blog, good for you! I'm excited for you xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game