What am I meant to aim towards?

This is my third round of 12wbt. I have had 32 kgs to lose in total. I've lost almost 20. I don't think that's very impressive for (almost) 3 rounds. I have slowly lost less and less weight and been less and less focussed with each round. Round 1 - 10kgs. Round 2 - I think around 6. And now, 2kgs.

It's like I'm really bored with focussing on just my weight. When work falls apart, so do I. And my partner (who is a true supporter), is always advising me, "stick to the food, if you have to drop the exercise that's ok, but stick to the food and you'll succeed". Yes, that's all well and good, but I want to exercise. That's what I find fun & I want more of it.

It feels like I am bored with focussing on weight loss. I feel like I needed something extreme to jilt me into my weightloss journey, which was the case when I was severely depressed with my life and my appearance. But now that I am more confident with my appearance, and happier, I don't feel the need to focus on weight loss. I don't feel like I am at the best state my appearance could be, but I don't feel depressed with it. And I think that's why I just can't seem to centre myself into focussing on that.

I'm so confused. With 12kgs to go I should just hit it out of the park, but I just feel like I can't make myself do that at the moment.

What do you think? Do I need to give myself something else to focus on? Do I need to just do something I love, like running, and follow the 10km program and let weightloss be a by-product of my success? Me and weightloss right now is like trying to make a kid eat brussell sprouts. I can't be bothered and I don't feel like it.

Ok I know it's not brussell sprouts, but you get the idea. I could never ridicule or reject my beloved broccoli & broccolini! Too yum.

Comments

  1. I TOTALLY hear you Lauren! As much as this isn't supposed to be a diet - it IS a diet. And being strict with your calories and having that self-control ALL the time is just bloody draining.

    But, can I ask...what's the rush? Is there any particular reason you NEED to lose those 12kg in a short amount of time? Would it be such a bad thing if you relaxed a little, enjoyed life, and lost maybe 1kg a month for the next year? Would you then feel less on a diet and more like you really could live this way for the rest of your life? :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol RDub you are right. It is totally draining at times. I've been terrible lately. Not putting on weight, but not doing anything in particular to lose it. I guess I've just been feeling a little drained by it all.

      I like your question. Why is there a rush? Sometimes I do wish the weight loss part is over. Like the mountains of new clothes I've had to buy or alterations I've paid for every time I drop a clothing size. And the fact that I've dropped quite a bit of weight so quick - its like I have a distorted image of myself right now. I actually can't realistically see what I look like or what size I am. It's a very confusing time.

      But at the same time, life is a journey. It dOesnt need to be go go go all the time. Results results results. I've decided I'm going to focus myself on training this 12wbt round. I'm not going to eat like a pig. I'm going to still follow the meal plans, but not go nuts over them. I just want to enjoy myself and make my body fitter. So that's what I'm going to do :).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game