And I'm Back in the Game

So today's weigh in didn't go too well. I didn't lose anything! On an upside I didn't gain anything either. So I'm still at a 7.4kg loss. Which is still pretty impressive. But to go from losing on average 1kg a week to nothing. Something was wrong.

So I followed Mish's advice and did my "audit" of the week gone. I can pin point my non-loss quite easily. It is a combination of the following:
  1. I exercised once since the last weigh in - bootcamp. That is it. Not good!
  2. Friday night - a shitload of alcohol was drunk and a pizza for dinner - blew my calories way out. The only reason I got away with drinking last time is because I didnt eat dinner. So it is obvious now what works and what doesnt work.
  3. Last night - I binged on crap and blew my calories way out.
It was pretty damn obvious when I put it down like that. I did some bad things this week. I let my busy-ness at work take me off focus from my goals. Anyway, I know I shouldn't of done those things. Even doing one of those things alone during the week would not have been good.

So I refocussed myself today, after my poor result. I did Mish's exercise program the full way through properly. The outdoors program. I must admit I haven't really done that throughout the whole program. I've just been picking bits and pieces from the porgrams and mainly doing fitness days. Avoiding toning and core and stretch days. Anyway, if I'm going to catch up on this 1kg a week streak, I need to up the ante. So tonight I did Mish's outdoors program from start to finish, really pushed myself, and burnt 613 calories. YEA BOI!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy. I'm back in the game. My aim by my week 8 measurement is to follow Mish's outdoors program fully every single day. By then, if I do this, all of my measurements should improve drastically (as long as I am good with the eating as well), and m fitness test will improve. I really want to make it to intermediate. I'm 26 years old. I shouldn't be a beginner at exercise and fitness!!

Anyhoo, that's my update. I'm feeling so great after my exercising tonight. Nice and relaxing and stress relieving to do that after work. Just need to keep it up now.

Comments

  1. Lauren

    Great job doing the audit. I 'track' everything and so it's sometimes useful to go back and look at the 1000 calories I spent in alcohol and similarly stupid decisions I sometimes make.

    I don't tend to follow Michelle's exercise program (though at least do real classes now!) so think it's great that you've started doing that. Perhaps it's something for me to aim for.

    Sounds like you are stepping it up (AND 7.4kg is excellent!!!!).

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ren,

    I'm glad to hear you're back in the game!!!

    I just read all of your posts in one sitting, and am now eagerly awaiting the next (I think I'm a little addicted), you're a good writer!

    Em

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning