When I binge.........

When I binge, it's like another being takes over my body. I am so far gone and out of control that I don't even remember starting the process. Tonight I binged. I admitted it to my partner and he asked me what goes through my head when I get dressed, get my wallet and walk to the shops. I couldn't answer that question. Not because I dont want to - I do, because I know he will try and help me. But I couldn't answer him because, I thought about it for a moment, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what goes through my head, other than I want something "yummy" to eat.

Tonight someone at the shop actually said to me as I was being served by the sales assistant "honey, that is not a healthy dinner". That cut deep. I looked to him like a fat girl who was depressed and was going home to eat. Little did he know his comment burned and I went home and probably did double the damage I would of done had I not felt more upset by his comment. He also had his assumptions of me on his own, not even knowing how far I had come - I've lost 15kgs for christs sake.

I just don't know what I'm meant to do to get back in the drivers seat. I've fallen apart this round, being my second round, and it's just been a slippery slope. The thing that scares me the most is that my binging seems to be an almost out of body experience. I'm not even there. Now where does someone even begin to regain control if it feels like they're not even present?? Im not sure if I have ever felt more helpless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game