I've Made it Half Way!!!

Today I have officially made it to the half way point in my weight loss in order to get to my goal weight of 60kgs. That is a 16kg loss!!! I've done it slow and steady, as this is my second round of 12wbt, so I've been working on it since last September. But I've learnt so many lessons along the way, and I just keep getting better in every aspect - my food, fitness, and most importantly my mind.

Last night was also one of the first significant moments where I truly flexed my will power muscle. That has been one of my downfalls along my journey. But last night I went out with a bunch of good friends to a bar. Everyone was keen to have a few. I did not drink a single drop, I just had soda water and lime to drink instead. And when everyone ordered a light (but carb loaded) dinner I said no, even though my stomach was growling at me like crazy, and I went home to eat some of the leftover chicken soup from Monday night. I have never ever said no to drinking. I always say I'll have 1 and come home blind drunk. But recently I realised this is my big development area that I need to focus on. And I've just proven to myself I can do it. And it was so nice to just come home and eat dinner with my partner, chat about our days, and not be blind drunk sitting on the couch eating maccas, then feeling like crap today.

I cannot believe how far I've come and what my mind is capable of!!! I cannot wait to see what else it becomes capable of over time. The only way is up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game