February 2015 Round - Week 12 Wrap Up



This week is my week in between 12wbt rounds. I'm currently off work at the moment having a week to myself (best decision ever!). So I thought what better thing to do while I'm gearing up for the new round, tackling all of the pre-season tasks and trying to get my mind into the space it needs to be in for a new round, was to look back on the last round and maybe get a little closure and reflect.

OUUUUCHHHHHH

February 2015 Round Results:


Week 12 Fitness Test

  • I finally finally FINALLY broke the 1 minute mark on wall sits. These things are not nice (see right), and since I started 12wbt in 2011 I have never been able to hold that pose for over 1 minute. This round I finally did it!! I think it's because I've been training with my partner once a week doing weighted squats. I'm getting stronger so my leg strength is improving. I'm loving it!
  • I closed with a fitness score of 48 (out of 100). This is only a few scores behind my PB of 51. I achieved that score when I was able to plank for 5 minutes (on the knees). My plank this time was under two minutes which is disappointing. But it also just means I know which area to increase my focus.

You can find a write up on the all of the tasks I do for my fitness tests here.

Below I've set up a bit of a table showing what my very first test results were, where I'm at now, and what my PB is. I've got some work to do to catch-up to my PBs, but all in all I'm quite proud of where I am now compared to where I started. I couldn't even hold a plank for over 15 seconds, or a wall sit for 10. I still remember that day - I tried to wall sit and fell on my arse so quickly that I thought it was a joke. Turns out it isn't - it's just really hard!




Week 12 Body Measurements:

  • In the whole round itself I lost 1.1kgs. It's not so bad considering I really only worked for the last four weeks (well, other than the last week where I fell off the wagon).
  • I didn't hit my mini goal of being less than 70kgs by the end of the round. I got down there, then went back up again. Just gotta get back down there again and stay there!
  • Centimeters lost - I actually lost alot! 7.5cms in total. I'm quite chuffed with that. I have noticed this in my body. My clothes are baggier. And my partner noticed as well, commenting on my looking skinner. This impressive change prompted me to check my overall cms lost to date.......79.5!!! That's the total lost over waist, hips, chest, thighs & arms. That's huge! I've actually lost 22.5cms off my waist (read: stomach). Wow. I already think my stomach is too big right now - so imagine when it was 22.5cms bigger.

All in all I think Feb 15 round was a successful one for me. I haven't done a lot statistically in terms of my regular measurements and things. But it's like this round has been the launch pad round to May 2015 round. I used alot of time to listen to mindset lessons, get blogging again - which really gets me thinking and analysing what I'm doing, and also start tracking my ins and outs (food & exercise) properly. I have learnt where I'm going wrong with food, I'm learning where I'm dodging exercise, and I'm learning where I'm falling apart and making the wrong decisions.

Fingers crossed this was just the launch I needed to have an amazing May round to get my Greek Islands bikini body. It's strange typing that. I feel like I don't believe it yet. That I can do enough to get a bikini ready body in time for September? You know that saying though - "fake it till you make it". Or Henry Ford's simplistically beautiful one-liner below. I need to tell myself I can do this. And I can. I just need to do the work to get me there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

I Did It!! My First 1,000 Calories