Wake-up, Wee, Weigh-in WED-NES-DAY

Or as I like to say it in my mind "wuh wuh wuh wuh" (say it really quick and it works). It makes me chuckle at least.

The Stats:   
Last wks weight: 74.6
This wks weight: 74.1
Weekly loss: 500 grams
Percentage loss: 0.7%

Starting weight: 91.9

Total weight loss: 17.8
Percentage weight loss: 19.4%
 








How am I feeling?
Pretty good. I've had a hell of a week, with what I consider to be "excuses outside of my control". Oh gosh I hope I'm labelling my excuses right. But it's a life changing event, so surely that's a big one? I moved house!! Apparently that's in the top five most stressful situations a person can experience. And I'm beginning to understand why. My outside of work time over the last week was consumed as follows:

Last Wednesday night -  inspecting open houses, then back to work to do overtime.
Thursday - working late, then filling out application for rental property
Friday - application was approved, dinner with my partner's parents
All day Sat & Sun - lease signing then car trips back and forth, back and forth moving belongings from one house to another. Finished up at 11pm both nights....... that was fun!
Monday - working late, home to find no hot water in new place - then got plumber out at around 9pm. Froze to death, had a burning hot shower then bed
Tuesday - unpacking and setting up the kitchen, and completing a condition report
And today - got a whole bunch of work dumped on me at 4pm that needed to be finished by 8am tomorrow. So stayed back at work to get that done.

Wow. I feel exhausted just typing this!! I feel like I'm "Losing Grip", as that fantastic Avril Lavigne song pops into my head.


 
"Take me by the hand, take me somewhere new"


Ahhh, I'll be right. But that is why I feel like I'm in a whirlwind of excuses outside of my control. Life has been very hectic, to say the least. Anyway, that all aside, I feel impressed with myself for still losing 500 grams amongst all this mayhem. I stayed true to the cause and tried my best to choose the right meals where I could. I didn't have the capacity to fit in exercise and on the weekend things were so crazy that our only option was to get take away, but I still watched my food 80% of the time. I guess it just feels great to know that even with all of that going on, you can still control your food for most of your meals and have a positive impact on your weight loss (or maintenance if that's the point you're up to).

Here's to next weeks weigh in. I have a feeling this week is going to be just as hectic as the last, with more working late in preparation for end of financial year, plenty more unpacking to do, and a wedding to attend this Saturday. Either way, I have this week's results to reflect on and know that I can still do well and keep on the 12wbt road.


Until next time, nightie night.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game