Back To Basics



Things have got to change.

I've had enough. I'm not getting anywhere I want to be any time soon. Work has gotten out of control and I'm in the boot of the car rather than the driver’s seat. It isn't right. I know better than this. I could handle my eating habits when I was an auditor. If I can survive that I can survive anything.
It’s not that I’m eating terribly at all, it’s just that I can’t seem to stick to that magic 1200 calories number each day. And as such, I’m losing weight at a snail’s pace.

I think I've un-learnt what to prioritise with and how to focus on the small steps. Instead I’m seeing this huge achievement I want to make, and feeling like it’s virtually impossible to conquer  right now.

So, I need to get it back. I’ve lost almost 20 kilos, and I have just over 12 to go to get to my goal weight. I need to get out of the mindset of thinking "A kilo a week. I have to do it. All or nothing." Well, it’s not like I'm literally thinking all or nothing. It’s more like my "kilo a week" mentality is being worn down when situations arise and I’m finding I can't fit in exercise for a few days a week. I then lose the plot and think my weight loss is never going to happen.

So it's time to bring it back to basics. I need to focus on baby steps and revisit those habits once learnt, now hidden. My focus for the next month (which I commenced on Monday just gone) is four weeks of clean eating. That's it. 1200 calories a day. What comes with that is re-teaching myself to be organised with the kitchen, cooking, and preparing lunches and breakfasts in advance. I need to get this down pat and into robot mode again. I need to stop thinking hell for leather is the only way to be successful. Slow and steady wins the race. Once I can master the art of controlling my eating again, the next step will be exercise. But right now, food is the key. If I control that, I can lose 500 grams a week. Perfect. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game