Small Wins

Well lately I've been struggling. I don't want to be a pity party, but I've been sick (nice and dizzy and fatigued plus a pretty stagnant cold), moving house & unpacking, and dealing with our busiest time of year at work.

To say the least I've been unorganised, inactive, and haven't been making the best food choices.

I had actually been relying on Iced Coffee for breakfast. YUCK! I don't know why I do it, but I do. In my head it made sense because it was quick and easy and it was stilla round 300 calories. That's the philosophy of the program isn't it? Haha. NOT! You forgot to add in the nutritional factor Lauren. Anyway, I'd been relying on it for about a week. Yesterday morning I broke the cycle - brought in a tub of low fat yoghurt to work and mixed it with the muesli I keep in my desk drawer for when I haven't had brekkie at home.

This morning, however, was a different story. I brought the yoghurt, knowing I had another serve of muesli in my desk drawer. But I walked past a 7-11, and without thinking (probably because I have already made a habit of it), went in and bought an Iced Coffee. Walking to work I took a sip. It tasted like dog s%^t. Why did I even buy it? So the next bin I walked past I chucked the whole thing in. It was not worth the calories to not get any kind of benefit out of it.

So here I am, sitting at my desk, eating my yoghurt & muesli mix. And after that I'll make myself an instant coffee to fulfil that little craving. And I've had a much better start to the day than I could have.

Small wins. Got to appreciate them because every little win is creating the bigger picture that I want.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game