Brain Wave

Today while I was outside on my lunch break, listening to the Quit Binge Eating podcast I had a brainwave:

When I was a teenager, my mum and dad were separated and I lived with my mum and 3 siblings. Generally, once a week, mum would get home from work exhausted from the day she'd had. She just didn't feel like cooking or doing dishes, so she would let us choose take away for dinner and we'd head off and pick up pizza, kfc, maccas etc.

I've made some observations about myself over the past week or so. When I am exhausted from work, or generally later in the work week I'm just tired - I guess the poor sleeping hours have caught up with me, I resort to take away. Or cheap quick easy meals. Not even the meals I have in the freezer that I can quickly heat up and eat. It is bad take away. And it is in excess. I keep going until my stomach hurts. The thoughts that run through my head are along the lines of that I just can't keep trying to create this perfect life I'm trying to create of work, eat healthy, gym on way home, keep a tidy home. I'm done by about Thursday and that's when the take away occurs.

Anyway, I know this is really quick blog entry with not much reflection or insight at all. I need to explore this further and really think about it. I just wanted to get it out there. It really hit me like a light bulb moment.

To be continued..............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game