It's Goal Setting Time Again - June 2014

After completing a twelve week stint of focusing on weight loss and strength repair, the time has now arrived to reset my goals for the next twelve months.

But first, let's look back at what I set three months ago and see if I made it:

Goals set 3 months ago:
  • lose 6kgs
  • build sufficient strength to support lower back to progress to beginners 12wbt program

Did I hit my goals?


Weight loss?

Not quite. In total I lost 4.6kgs, however I have put on 1.5 since 3 months ago. So a 3.1 loss (half my goal achieved). Better than nothing. I'm thankful to report that I've nipped the weight gain in the bud as I'm not gaining anymore, but I'm struggling to get moving on the weight loss again. This is mainly due to the resurfacing of my ever-underlying binge eating problem. As I've said previously though - I've recognised this and am changing my focus to really hard on overcoming my binge eating. You can see further down in this post that my goals for the next 12 months are all centered around this focus.

Built sufficient strength to take on beginners program?

I surely have :). And I feel fantastic for it! I have followed the 12wbt pregnancy exercise program for the past 12 weeks and am so happy. (No I'm not pregnant, but I used the program as a way to cut back on cardio and really focus on getting back to basics in safe, simple strength exercise).

My back is doing great. I've only been to the chiropractor twice in the past 4 months. That is huge - considering I usually go once a month minimum. Instead of sharp lower back pain from twisting or sitting for long periods of time, I get muscle pain. Who ever thought I would look forward to muscle pain?!? Especially given for the past two years following 12wbt I've done a pretty good job at avoiding most strength exercises. Probably a major factor in my back injury. Either way, I'm so ready to tackle the beginners program and really up the ante on my fitness levels, whilst maintaining this new found strength.

Bonus: Can leg press 45kgs (3sets, 15reps)!! I don't know if that's alot, but it feels like alot to me considering I started out at about 15kgs 12 weeks ago.

Funny thing is, I really wasn't enthused by my low impact exercises for quite a while during the 12 weeks. But, I thoroughly trust the goal setting process. I decided where I wanted to be 12 months from that time, then worked backwards on how to get there. I knew these 3 months of "boring" exercises were a necessity in this 12 month plan. And what do you know, I came out the other side, ready to step up to the next phase of the plan. So over the moon I stuck with it.



New Goals:

So now it's time for my new goals for the next 12 months. As you may have already read in a previous post, I am changing my focus. I am not focused on weight loss so much this time around. I will be working on my binge eating problem mostly. I will still aim to eat as little calories as possible each day and continue to eat healthy foods, and minimise snacking etc, but I will not be heavily counting calories and analysing weight loss. I don't want to put on weight however, so will continue to weigh in weekly and ensure I do not put weight on.

So here it is - where my next 12 months will be taking me:

Major Goals: Binge Eating

 





































Minor Goals: Fitness





Will keep you posted on how I am tracking along the way....

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game