Week 7 Update

My Stats:

Starting weight: 91.8kgs
Wednesday's weigh in: 83.2kgs
Current BMI: 30.56 (almost down from the "Obese" class to the Overweight class)
This week's loss: 1.3kgs
Total loss to date: 8.6kgs!!!! AMAZING!

What has been happening?
  • I took last Monday off work and went up to Mt Tamborine for a long weekend away. The accommodation I was staying at didn't have cooking facilities so I was pretty restricted on what I could eat - being eating out. And I'm happy to report that even though I wasn't counting calories I still thought about every single thing I ate and made sure it was ok. I had a treat with some famous "home-made fudge" up there. But didn't eat any crap. And I still managed to lose over 1kg!!! Just goes to show it's not that hard to eat well even if you can't cook. You just need to make sure you make the best choice possible of the options you have, and you can still keep those calories low. I also did my “Super Saturday Session” up on the mountain too. Running feels very weird when up on a mountain. My chest felt very out of breath very quickly. I guess that is because the air is thinner? Oh well. It doesn’t really matter. I was on holiday and still kept up with my food and exercise commitments.
  • Work is doing a booze cruise type function for Melbourne Cup. I started chatting to a few of the girls at work and they are going all out and dressing up. Well, I have nothing nice in my wardrobe that fits me. And I wasn't game enough to try on all this stuff I'd bagged up and thought I was never going to fit again (too small). So I thought maybe I'll just go look in Cue and try on one dress. Can't hurt right? I haven't fit a Cue dress for years I might add!! And that has always cut a little deep. Working in a fairly fashionable workplace where all the girls look amazing in their expensive work suits and dresses, and I don't even have the option of shopping there if I wanted to (which I do!!). So, I went in, tried on half the dresses in the store - half of them I fitted - the other half were too big!!! Ahhhhh. I fit Cue dresses again!! It's a miracle! I can't believe it. I did it last Thursday night at late shopping, and its Monday now and I still can't believe it! Anyway, I'm really happy about that. That one shopping expedition has shown me my progress. It's very motivating!! So tomorrow I've got a brand new Cue dress to wear :). Weeeeee. Very happy about that one.
  • A good friend of mine stumbled across my blog (not by me telling her either). You know who you are!! Hehe. I wasn’t planning for anyone too close to me seeing the blog. I was more hoping for it to be there for all these people I don’t know, and more for myself to record my thoughts. But she seems to be enjoying it and hopefully it will keep me blogging a bit more often. I have been a bit MIA lately and I really wanted to keep up with the blog every 2 or 3 days. So need to sort that one out.
  • Other than all of that, I’ve been sick since last Thursday with a bit of a cold. I’ve felt pretty wiped out during the whole time. One of those colds where all your muscles just ache. Think my busy period at work has caught up with me. So I haven’t been exercising. I can barely breathe out of my nose at the moment so don’t want to go running and have my nose contents running down my face while I’m heaving as I am trying to break into a run. I’m a bit anxious about my next weigh-in because of it. But I’ll see how I go. If I treat my body well while I’m sick I should recover quicker right? That’s what I think I’m meant to do. I hope I’m doing the right thing.
Anyway that is the latest from me. Hope I get better soon. I’ve got the week 8 mini-milestone challenge this weekend!! Eeeeek. Am scared.

Comments

  1. Lauren

    Am reading these in order, so yet to read the next post, but it sounds like you're feeling positive about everything in this one.

    Yay, to fitting into that Cue dress AND the great loss to date!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game