My Big Brekkie

I forgot to mention in my previous post the enjoyable brekkie I had after my Mt Cootha trek. It was a recipe in Michelle's program that I adapted slightly because a. I don't like tomatoes, and b. It was only about 200 calories, so I still had at least 100 calories I could add to it as well as the calories of the food I didn't include.


Oh my gosh it was so delicious!! It's called "Pocket Rocket's Big Breakfast".

My version included:
1 x slice of mixed grain toast
2 x poached eggs (poaching them with 1 teaspoon of vinegar and in a saucepan making a whirlpool out of the water - look at them - made to perfection!!)
50g x lean shaved ham
20g x baby spinach leaves
Sprinkle of cracked pepper

Calories: 296

I definitely earnt that brekkie. It tasted so damn good and I washed it down with a coffee. Love the hot weekend brekkie's on Michelle's program. I can enjoy a good cooked breakfast without going and pigging out on fried crap at a cafe.

Comments

  1. Lauren

    I have to say I'm impressed by the eggs cos I'm always too lazy to poach things. I zap eggs in the microwave instead... so my breakfast NEVER looks as pretty as yours does (mind you, it's rare my meals look worthy of a photo!).

    I have to say brekkie is a meal I used to prefer to go out for (when eating well) cos you can usually get a healthy-ish omlette or similar without too much stress. (Though I am partial to some bacon...!!!!)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game