Time Management Rollercoaster

Today I have had a bit of a rollercoaster of feelings about my job. I dunno if I can do it. I've been forum posting on 12wbt, and here is a bit of an extract of my day:

Thoughts at 10am:

As soon as I give myself a structured program to follow in terms of diet and exercise, and then a large list of work piles up that I don’t have time to finish in my 37.5 hour week, I lose the plot. I get really stressed and the first thing that is dropped so I can get out of the quicksand is my diet and exercise program.

And I’m feeling on the verge of that this very minute. About 15 minutes ago I got given a pile of work that will drag through to my weekend. Not to mention I am sitting in an office with all of these people talking at the top of their lungs while they are working. Just shut up!! I want to get my work done now so it’s not during my wknd!!!!!!

Argh. I know I fall into this trap every single time I start a new “diet”. I’m trying to recognise it so I don’t let it happen again, but I just don’t know how to fix it now that I can recognise it.

Thoughts at 1pm:

I think I’m tired of having a career. I think I want a job that doesn’t mean much – I just need to turn up, work till the clock hits 5, then head home (or to the gym I should say).

Thoughts at 7pm:

I got home, and did Mish’s “tight and toning” dvd. All done. My arms are killing me right now.

I had every intention of training, I just get really overwhelmed with work sometimes that it really makes me panic a bit about eating/exercising etc. I guess it’s emotional eating mixed with emotional inactivity!

Anyway, after exercising my head is in a better space. Time to cook up some dinner then start my overtime. Joy!

At the end of the day, I handled the situation well, and now I can get on and take care of my work issues before bed, but I still am contemplating my work situation alot. I'm just not sure if I am where I want to be. But putting exercise before work is so unlike my usual habits. I've just got to keep it up! This is a good change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game