My "SMART" Goals

Look out. I'm so "smart".


alt text


Well, A is really meant to be Achievable, and R is meant to be Realistic, but you get the picture.

The task: Setting my goals
  • Plan in 12 month, 6 month, 3 month and even 1 month blocks.
  • Your goals should be S.M.A.R.T.
  • Finally tie your goals in with a reward. E.G a holiday or shopping spree. Something to add some spice to your motivation!

The result:

1 Month Goals – Oct 2011
  • Lose 3.7kgs – Weigh 87.3kgs.
  • Strengthen my back by working on my core muscles and stretching my legs in order to meet my 3 month goal.
How I Will Get There
  • Diarise each 12WBT activity/process I need to complete each day, as I find out I need to do them.
  • Make these activities and processes my commitment. Each day after work, exercise (burn 500cals), and then perform any other 12WBT commitments. Work and chores can wait until after these commitments.
  • Eat no more than 1200 calories each day – follow Michelle’s diet to a tee.
  • Order groceries online every Thursday, so I do not have an option of buying anything other than the shopping list given to me.
  • At the start of each week – map out where I will exercise each day – being gym, at home, etc and what I will be doing.
  • Be active on the forums for support – especially when the excuses start coming in.
  • Perform Mish’s core and stretch routine each week, as well as attending 1 pilates/yoga/body balance class a week.
  • No more than 1 glass of wine per week. Binging on alcohol is the reason I have put on all of this weight.
  • Attend the fortnightly bootcamp sessions at New Farm (and any social activities afterwards).

3 Month Goals – Dec 2011
  • Lose 10kgs – Weigh 81kgs. Reward: Buy a size 16 dress to wear out.
  • I will be 10 kgs lighter for the wedding I am in the bridal party for in January 2012. I will look hot!
  • I will be able to perform high intensity exercise like boot camp and body combat and attack classes without my back hurting.
How I Will Get There
  • Follow the 12WBT program to a tee.
  • Complete any of the optional activites/challenges 12WBT offers.
  • Attend the group sessions from facebook ie. The new farm bootcamp and the 4,8 and 12 wk milestone challenges.
  • Continue with all of the “how I will get there” steps from my 1 month goal write up.

6 Month Goals – March 2012
  • Lose 20kgs – Weigh 71kgs. Reward: Buy a size 14 dress to wear out.
How I Will Get There
  • Join up for 12WBT round 1 2012.

12 Month Goals – Sept 2012
  • Have lost 25kgs – be below 25 BMI. Weigh 66kgs. Reward: Buy a size 12 dress to wear out.
  • I will be at my goal weight of 66kgs for my sister’s wedding in October 2012. I will make a super hot maid of honour!!
How I Will Get There
  • blank WHOOPS! I intend on working it out when I get to the end of the 12wbt. I just know what I want to weigh as my starting point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game