Blogging Challenge - Week 1

So I've signed up to do a "blogging challenge" with fellow 12wbters Each week a challenge comes out, from the hard work of Shrinking Kath (see her amazing blog here: http://courage2start.blogspot.com/). Then everyone up for the challenge blogs away, and we can all read each other's responses.

So here it is. Bold (the challenge set). Non-bold (my response).

1. Describe yourself in 25 words or less. You can get straight to the point - or bring your creativity into play.
Feisty. Emotional. Bossy. Open-minded. Talkative. A stress-head. Loves to laugh and giggle. Very silly. Very loyal. Extroverted. The tortoise (not the hare).

2. What brings you to 12wbt? Getting fitter? Losing weight? (Gaining weight??) Are you first timer, a repeat offender??
I am a first timer. I am here to lose weight. I've got about 25kgs to lose in total, to get me into a healthy BMI. I'd love to lose that amount of weight. What lead me to this program, or the typical "how did you hear about us" question we get asked online, was the one and only SammyT. My sister is good friends with her. I have met her once before she was on the program. I watched her transformation over facebook and could not believe my eyes. She is an inspiration and a walking advertisement of the program. How could I not give it a go with her amazing results?

3. Why do you blog??
I started my blog with the start of the 12wbt programme, and I did so for a few reasons:
a. I'd like to somehow record my weight loss journey, so I can look back and reflect on it, and typing is just so much easier than writing.
b. I'm interested in different means of personal development and have read in a number of sources that writing/journalling/blogging is a way of keeping your brain active and also improving your vocabulary.
c. I am trying very hard to involve myself in any opportunities/activities to do with the 12wbt program to help my chances of success as much as possible.

4. Who is your biggest inspiration in life and why (doesn't have to be weight loss)
I think this changes for me, depending on what my aims in my life are at the time. Right now it is my partner. He is just an amazingly well-rounded, disciplined person. If he wants something, he just makes it happen. And he has incredible patience while doing so. I constantly find myself observing his actions and tactics he uses to get the most out of every day and make his short-term and long-term goals happen. He also manages to fit in his hobbies and interests. I don't know how he does it! But I am constantly trying to learn from him.

5. What things in life bring you the most joy?
Spending time with my partner, family and friends. There is nothing better. Although I also love a bit of me time on my own pursuing my interests, including reading, cross-stitch, and working on my family tree. Hehe I feel like such a grandma with interests like that.

6.What do you think your greatest challenge is going to be this round?
I think it will be breaking my mindset. Any time I take on a new exercise/diet program and work gets busy, I instantly drop it and focus on getting through my work. I really need to focus and be strong, and not stop this program for anything. Remember my excuses and solutions!

7. What are you most excited about 12wbt?
The weight-loss. I'm dying to fit in smaller clothes.

8. And what scares the pants off you?
Probably meeting up with other members. I'm planning on meeting up for the New Farm boot camp this weekend, but I'm a tad daunted by meeting a whole bunch of people who are going through the same journey as me. The commitment task really scared me, so maybe this is another part of it - becoming accountable to more people.

9. Tell me - right now - today - how do you feel about exercise in no more than 10 words
Bloody great! I can see it making me fitter already.

10. Complete this sentence - in 12 weeks time - on the last day of 12wbt I am going to be feeling ____________________
On top of the world and wanting to shout my weight-loss from the roof tops. Probably be itching for a massive shopping spree as well, with a night out to top it off, being an excuse to wear the new clothes.

Phew. Done. I enjoyed that challenge. Really got me thinking. Looking forward to next week's challenge. Thanks Kath :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Mini Milestone - Mt Coot-tha Kokoda Track

Drowning

And I'm Back in the Game